Global Education Resources provides educational resources to international professionals and students around the world.
Whether you are a student or a professional, we are the resource to assist you find a path on your future goals or career plans. Today’s competitive global economic environment requires improving your knowledge and skills to achieve the opportunity of success in your field. Our mission is to provide every student with richer educational opportunities which maximizes the educational experience and also facilitates their personal growth. By accepting our services, you will experience the most professional support services which will assist you in achieving your educational and professional goals.
English & Certificates for Internationals (ECI), a department of University Extension, is to offer life-enriching academic, professional, and cultural experiences to international audiences in environments specifically tailored to their needs.
- Adult Education Teaching Credential
- Advanced Human Resources Management
- Audio Technology
- Business Administration
- Career Development
- Clinical Science-Cytotechnology
- Clinical Science-Medical Technology
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Community College Teaching
- Computer Science
- Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Construction Project Management
- Cultural Resource Management (Anthropology)
- Database Management and Programming
- Digital Graphics
- Digital Media Arts
- Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety
- Film Scoring
- Finance Management
- Fitness Instructor
- Global Logistics
- Grant Writing and Administration
- Health Care Management
- Hospital and Healthcare Industry Safety and Health
- Hospitality, Resort and Casino Gaming Industry Safety and Health Certificate
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems Management
- International Business Operations and Management
- International Finance
- International Hospitality & Tourism Management
- International Marketing
- IT and Software Development
- Journalism with concentration in Media Studies
- Labor Studies
- Management and Supervision
- Media Studies
- Medical Insurance Billing
- Meeting and Event Planning Certificate
- Mental Health Recovery
- Oil, Gas and Petroleum Industry Safety and Health
- Oracle Database Development
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Pharmacy Technician
- Post-Master’s Clinical Family Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Master’s Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Post-Master’s Nurse Administrator
- Post-Master’s Nurse educator
- Pre-Health Professions Program
- Production and Inventory Control
- Project Management
- Public Health Nursing
- Quality Assurance
- Radiologic Technology
- Rhetoric and Composition (English)
- Safety & Security
- Sales & Marketing
- Social Research (Sociology – Graduate)
- Social Research (Sociology – Undergraduate)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Solar Panel Installation
- Sport and Fitness Psychology
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
- Television Arts
- Theater Arts
- Tier II Educational Administrative Credential
- Video game Design
- Web Design
- Writing and Publishing
** Enrollment in any the following listed certificate programs is based on availability in one of our contracted educational institutes. Enrolling in any of these programs require professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation. International students who do not meet certificate program admissions requirements are invited to enroll in one of our English Language Programs.
- A university degree and/or substantial experience in an area related to the certificate you wish to pursue.
- A minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS, 74 on the iBT or other evidence of advanced English language proficiency.
- Consent of the Admissions Committee
- Additional requirements for some certificate programs
- Professional programs/courses are subject to change at any time without notice.
- English training can also be given at school (Conditional Acceptance)
English & Certificate Programs
Intensive English Program (IEP)
IEP offers an eight-week intensive English language program six times a year in Los Angeles for ESL students with academic or professional goals, including passing the TOEFL for entrance into an American university. The 20 – 26 hours per week IEP offers a coordinated program of conversation, reading/vocabulary, grammar, writing, pronunciation and listening. Students from all over the world enroll in this multi-level program and can continue to improve their skills by advancing from session to session. Qualified students from outside the U.S. are eligible for a student visa. Individual courses may also be taken by part-time students. A Certificate of Achievement is awarded after successful completion of at least one eight-week session.
Conditional Admission is for students who meet all other university requirement except for TOEFL requirement.
Students who have not yet achieved the University’s TOEFL requirement, may still apply for a conditional University admission through ALCP. Conditionally Admitted students must meet all other University requirements of the specific University program to which they have applied. Please contact the individual program or major if you have question about their requirements.
The American Language and Culture Program will assist prospective international students in the processing of required documents for admission. These requirements include but are not limited to:
- Completed International student University application
- High school or college transcripts
- Letters of recommendation (if required by department)
- GMAT, GRE, SAT or any other required test score.
- Financial Statement
- TOEFL Score
If no TOEFL score is available students may begin preparing for TOEF at ALCP. ALCP also offers the TOEFL test.
After receipt of all required materials by the ALCP office, students can expect the processing of admissions documents to take at least 30-90 days. Students who receive the conditional admission will receive an I-20 from ALCP which indicates their conditional admission. Upon achieving the required TOEFL score, students may begin University attendance in the following semester.
A student in the American Language and Culture Program may gain conditional admittance to the following:
- California State University, Dominguez Hills
- Local community colleges
- Ask us about Open University and Concurrent Enrollment